MembershipWe offer the following annual membership and registration packages for 2018, which run from the 1st of February 2018 – 31st January 2019.
- For the enthusiast playing tennis regularly. See member benefits below.
- For non members participating in court hire, competition or coaching.
Membership Benefits & Features:
- Free court hire usage during off peak times (6am – 6.30pm)
- Discounted court hire during peak times (6.30pm onwards)
- After hours access to the courts such as weekends and public holidays
- 10% discount on selected Pro Shop Items
- Discount on private coaching
- Discount on adult group coaching
- Discount on competition nights
- Discounted junior Hot Shots and Squad Programs
Gardens Tennis Terms and Conditions for members and users
Gardens Tennis is the trading name for Gardens Tennis Club and is operated by Top End Tennis.
By signing I am accepting these terms and conditions. I hereby authorise the staff of Gardens Tennis to act for me according to their best judgment in any emergency requiring medical attention. I release Gardens Tennis from any and all liability for injury or illness and costs, incurred while undertaking a program or event with Gardens Tennis. I agree to Gardens’ make up, cancellation, parental involvement and privacy and smoke free policies and the Code of Behaviour. Photographs and Video may be taken and used in promotions by Gardens Tennis, unless member or parent of member under 16, expressly withdraws permission.
Your privacy is important to us. The data collected from you will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
When joining a tennis program at Gardens Tennis your information will only be used by the tennis club to join you to the club.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned the data may be provided to Tennis Australia for the purpose of registering you under the National Insurance scheme and register in order to enter events and competitions.
Medical & Liability
I hereby authorise the staff of Gardens Tennis to act for me according to their best judgment in any emergency requiring medical attention. I release Gardens Tennis from any and all liability for injury or illness and costs, incurred while undertaking a program or event with Gardens Tennis.
Joining a Gardens program and paying the relevant registration/membership fees gives you accident insurance through our National Sporting Body, Tennis Australia.
Photography & Video Images
I acknowledge that Gardens Tennis may film, use video analysis and photography during programs, lessons and events. I acknowledge and agree that this usage, including for marketing & promotion purposes, is without compensation or notice to myself. Images may be used on our website, social media and other promotional material.
Make Up & Cancellation Policy
If you are unable to attend a session due to illness or school camp etc. you must notify us prior to your lesson in order to arrange a make-up lesson. Lessons will only be made up if your Gardens Tennis Manager is notified with sufficient time prior to the start of your lesson (preferred 24 hours prior). Notification of absence or arrangement of a make-up can be made directly with the Pro Shop via phone or email. Please be considerate that the late cancellation of sessions leads to inefficient time use for our team & therefore lost opportunities for others. This policy is to deter people from preventing those clients who are seeking a coaching session, missing an opportunity to see one of the coaches. All missed sessions will be made up during the term or in the school holiday period or a time approved by the Gardens Manage, at their discretion.Private lessons require a minimum of 3 hours notice for cancellations to avoid full charge of lesson.
Wet Weather & Heat Policy Communications
Where possible Gardens Tennis staff will contact you via phone message or email to let you know if your lesson/s or other event will be cancelled due to wet weather or heat policy. If you do not get a call, text or email, please presume the lesson or event is going ahead as normal. Gardens Tennis have a policy for all coaches to avoid the use of Mobile Phones while on court coaching where possible, to ensure attention is directed to the current lesson being undertaken. If your coach does not answer their phone, they are more than likely on court coaching. When the temperature reaches 37 degrees or above at your tennis venue, all coaching sessions and other events will be suspended until the temperature drops. Please be aware the temperature will be taken at the individual venue and your safety is our primary concern.
Registration & Fees
In order to secure your place for weekly programs, camps or other events, Gardens Tennis require that you complete a registration form (online or hard copy) in the weeks before the start date and return to us with payment. All Holiday, Tournament, Camp or Event program fees are due before the start of the program/s. All term fees are due within the first week of coaching term. Places will not be guaranteed if forms and payment are not received prior to commencement of the term / program. Please indicate on your registration form your preferred times and days (for weekly programs) and we will do our best to meet with your request. If you are following on from a previous term please indicated if you require any changes to your current time.
Any late payments, more than 30 days past the invoice date, shall attract a late payment penalty fee as set down by the Penalty Interest Act 1983.
All users of Gardens Tennis must not engage in conduct that is detrimental or in conflict with the interests of Gardens Tennis and are also required to abide by the Code of Behaviour set out below
Membership at Gardens Tennis (the trading name of Gardens Tennis Club) is conditional on agreement with the general terms and conditions outlined above and also the following terms and conditions:
- Membership fees for Gardens Tennis are not refundable. The annual membership period runs from the 1st of February to 31st January in the following year. Where a member joins at a time after the 1st February the membership will run from the time of joining until the 31st January in the following year. Postponement of membership is not available.
- Applicants for membership must pay the designated membership fees and provide full details of a current address to be eligible for membership. Applications for membership will be considered by the Gardens Tennis Committee. If an applicant is rejected the membership fee will be refunded
- Upon joining and paying the designated membership fees, members will be issued with an identification card with a unique membership number linked to their personal details. Members must notify Gardens Tennis in writing of any changes to their personal details at the earliest possible convenience and no later than 14 days after the change. The identification card remains the property of Gardens Tennis. If an identification card is lost a $5 replacement fee will apply. A membership card issued to a member can only be used by that member. All members MUST present their card at reception prior to commencing any tennis activity.
- Members may use their 4 digit access code to gain entry to the Club outside of reception opening hours. Members accessing the Club outside of reception opening hours MUST close and lock the gate behind them and sign-in to the Members Book recording the date and time of arrival. Members MUST NOT disclose their access code to any other person.
- To provide access to a non-member outside of reception opening hours, a member MUST meet the non-member outside of the Centre before providing access and ensure that the gate is immediately locked. The member MUST then direct the non member to use the ‘Guest Sign in Folder’ and pay the designated court hire fees before commencing play.
- Members MUST wear appropriate clothing, especially closed footwear whenever playing at the Centre. Gardens Tennis reserves the right to refuse entry to courts of any person wearing inappropriate clothing. At a minimum a player must wear a shirt (singlet acceptable), shorts and shoes.
- Members will be liable for all repairs and associated costs for deliberate damage they cause to any items/equipment at Gardens Tennis.
Members must not engage in conduct that is detrimental or in conflict to the interests of Gardens Tennis a any time
- Members MUST comply with the Code of Behavior set out below.
- Members guilty of misconduct, which includes failure to comply with the above conditions, may forfeit membership without entitlement to refund of fees paid.
- Gardens Tennis reserves the right to change without notice, conditions, prices and timetables for classes and other events and activities.
Code of Behaviour
This Code of Behaviour sets out the minimum standards for anyone involved in tennis at Gardens Tennis. It applies when playing, training or taking part in club-sanctioned activities.
- Act within the rules and spirit of tennis.
- Promote fair play over winning at any cost.
- Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviours and skills.
- Support opportunities for participation in all aspects of tennis.
- Treat each person as an individual.
- Show respect and courtesy to all involved with tennis at Gardens Tennis.
- Respect the rights and worth of every person, regardless of their age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality or religion.
- Respect the decisions of officials, coaches and administrators.
- Wherever practical, avoid unaccompanied and unobserved one-on-one activity (when in a supervisory capacity or where a power imbalance exists) with people under the age of 18.
- Display appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions.
- Display responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs.
- Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a harassment-free environment.
- Do not tolerate abusive, bullying or threatening behaviour.